Guy Webster and Geraldine Talbot gave the original 125 acres in 1929. Guy W. Talbot (1873-1961) was president of Pacific Power and Light Company and lived on the tract at the time of the gift. Multnomah County gave additional land in 1935, and sold further acreage to the state in 1952. Lands also were given by the Eva Larson Estate. The balance of the property was purchased from various owners up to 1984. Some of the park’s early development was carried out by the Civilian Conservation Corps between 1933 and 1935.
SRC: Learn more about Guy W. Talbot State Park at: www.oregonstateparks.org/index.cfm?do=parkPage.dsp_parkPage&parkId=112
Looking for lodging near the Columbia River Gorge? Check out Lodging Here