Statement of Intent
The Columbia Gorge Tourism Alliance is committed to developing the region as a world-class sustainable tourism economy. This implicitly includes protecting and enhancing the scenic, natural, cultural and recreation resources of the Columbia River Gorge and neighboring Cascades, while highlighting our local communities off the beaten path.
Our strategies include:
Spread seasonality of visitation
Reduce congestion during peak seasons and in high-use areas
Spread the benefits and increase the economic impact of tourism throughout the Gorge
Integrate cultural heritage into the visitor experience, authentically and respectfully
Connect resources to optimize destination marketing; and support the continued development of unique and compatible product offerings
Capitalize upon the visionary projects already underway in the Gorge to ensure this place remains a world-class destination
The East Metro Economic Alliance (EMEA) is shaping the future of East Metro through economic advocacy by bringing together business and government leaders from East Portland, Fairview, Gresham, Troutdale, and Wood Village. EMEA builds consensus and promotes action on issues vital to the economic development and livability of the region.
The East Metro Economic Alliance (EMEA) is a non-profit organization comprised of approximately forty area businesses, chambers of commerce, and public agencies working together to shape the future of East Metro through economic advocacy. Membership meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month and feature presentations from guest speakers on current issues affecting the region. The meetings, which include a catered lunch, start at 11:30 a.m. in the Council Chamber of Fairview City Hall, located at 1300 NE Village St, Fairview OR 97024. See the Calendar page for more information.
EMEA has identified the following focus areas as essential to achieving its mission:
- Transportation: EMEA will advocate for transportation improvements that move people and good efficiently, strengthen our economy and support our quality of life.
- Land Use: EMEA will advocate for land use polices and program that promote sustainability and the long-term prosperity of the region, including an adequate supply of industrial and shovel-ready lands.
- Education & Workforce Development: EMEA will advocate for programs which develop a more efficient, integrated method of preparing skilled workers to the employers who need them.
- Business Environment: When policy discussions and changes are considered, EMEA will advocate for regulations which provide for a competitive and flexible business environment.
- Livability: EMEA will advocate for programs which enhance community livability to attract and retain businesses and employees.
Offering personalized strategies to help you achieve your financial goals.
We specialize in only the best natural pet food brands, and provide the knowledge on how to best care for your pets. Selections including all Natural, Holistic and the Fresh Raw Food Diet to ensure your animal is kept healthy. We carry Biologically Appropriate, and Allergy Free Formulas.
Some of the brands we specialize in are Wholesomes SportMix, Acana, Orijen, Natural Balance, NutriSource, Fromm, Evangers, Merrick, Precise, and FirstMate. You may also click on the brand logos in the left column to see more details about each brand. Contact us for special orders, or if you don’t see the brand you’re looking for.
Furry friends, that get along well with others, are welcome in our store.
Rebecca Gandy, the sole proprietor of Gandy Legal Services, focuses her practice on Estate Planning, Probate and Estate Administration, and related areas such as real property and business succession. She is a mobile lawyer and meets clients in her Corbett office or in convenient locations throughout Multnomah County.
She came to Oregon to attend Lewis & Clark, Northwestern School of Law and fell in love with this beautiful state. She first practiced law in the victims’ rights area. Through this experience, she developed skills in trauma-informed practice which is a key approach in her current field of estate planning.